Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I wish vacation could be always

#22: Go somewhere warm in the winter with Justin
#78: Go to a Cirque du Soleil show

Perhaps the 101 thing I was most excited to do (and hopefully will get to do again ...and again......) was escaping the cold for somewhere lovely and warm with Justin. While I originally envisioned laying on the beaches of Bahamas (maybe next time), we ended up spending 9 fabulous days in Orlando, FL at Disney World! Yes, we've been there before together (two other times) but we really love it, and we got a really great deal, so off we went! We had a really amazing time (despite a few setbacks, like someone breaking my camera on day 1 and them switching the park hours so that we had to rearrange our scheduling), it was so much fun and we didn't want to leave!!! We're hoping to plan a group trip to Disney sometime in the next 2 years - I don't know if I can wait that long! I'll link to all the trip pics once I get all that settled...



And, while we were there, I took care of yet ANOTHER 101Thing....we saw Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba at Downtown Disney! The show was really entertaining and had a lot of fun acts, including adorable little chinese girls playing with the diabolo (Chinese yo-yo). They hold two sticks linked by a string, they slide, juggle and toss a musical wooden spool while performing flips in the air. Other standout acts were cyclists, hire wire, flying trapeze, and a trampoline act.