Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hot is an Understatement...

#29 Go to Hot Yoga with Katie

One of the biggest accomplishments as far as I'm concerned off of the 101 List! After about a year of asking me to come to Hot Yoga, I finally buckled, made a commitment (there was drinking involved) and stuck to it!! Crazy!

So my experience wasn't horrible. It was really hard! I was worried about the heat and how I would be able to handle it. I mean, it is HOT. Beyond hot. You are COVERED in sweat, dripping, slippery sweat. There's nothing you can even do about it. The yoga poses at least at first, weren't as daunting (thank you Wii Fit Yoga!) but after about 45 minutes, I started to get a little light-headed/dizzy and had to sit out a few of the poses. But I did stay in the room and for that I am very proud! Plus Katie told me that I did really well for a newbie!!

As much as I (sort of) liked the whole experience, the idea of spending an hour and a half multiple times a week doing yoga in a hot and very smelly (there was no acclimating) room that isn't even close to my apartment just doesn't seem to make sense. I will say that my Indian dinner that night was insanely good tho :)