Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting Beyond my Reader's Block

#2 Read 1 new book every 2 months
So when I wrote my 101 List, I was fresh off reading 3 of the 4 books out in a Fantasy Series (which will end up being 7 books) that Justin had me and our group of friends all start reading. It's a really good read with an exciting and interesting story (it's even being made into an HBO show sometime soon). Anyway, the first 3 books were really wonderful and a quick read once I got into it, but then I got to book 4, which is a lot slower and introduces new characters and is just not quite as good as the previous books. I've read like 2/3rds of it, but it just become something I didn't NEED to read and therefore I wasn't picking it up before bed like I had been for the prior months. So because I wasn't finishing this book, I wasn't able to start any new books, which I really wanted to!

Fast forward to this summer, when we went to a birthday party for one of Justin's best friends from high school and saw his old friends that he hadn't seen in years. Well, one of the girls is now a novelist of tween books! As soon as we heard this, I immediately added it to my queue in the library and finally got it a couple weeks ago! Well, it was the cutest, most fun book - we both just adored it. It could be the next Gossip Girl as far as I'm concerned, it's super clever with tons of humor and pop culture references and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a fan of this tween series - I can't wait for the next book to come out!!