Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wednesday Bloody Wednesday

#8: Go to 10 concerts

Every time I've tried to get U2 tickets, I've come up empty-handed. When I heard tickets were going on sale for Giants Stadium, I was determined to get them. I didn't. Then miraculously, they added another concert, this time on a Friday night (so much better than a Thursday night anyway) and I was able to get in at the very second they came onsale and got great seats to boot! It was all very exciting! Unfortunately, the entire concert experience wasn't as wonderful as the thrill of actually getting tickets. First of all, they moved the concert from Friday night to Wednesday, meaning we had to go to work the next day (of course I couldn't get that mad about it since they moved it because the Jets moved their game up to finish before Yom Kippur). Then, came the traveling debacle we call NJ Transit. I don't need to go into the whole ordeal, but you can read about it here. Long story short, it took an hour 40 minutes to get there and 2 hours to get home.

BUT on the bright side, U2 seemed to wait til the EXACT moment we got to our seats to come on stage (thanks Bono! xoxo) and the concert was pretty entertaining (including really drunk U2 enthusiast guy behind us who enjoyed dancing and singing every word loudly along with the band). It was by no means the best concert I've ever been to, but they played all the hits, I sang and danced along in the sweaty heat, and all in all had a great time.

U2's Setlist:
Breathe
Magnificent
Get On Your Boots
Mysterious Ways
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
She's The One / Desire
Elevation
Your Blue Room
Beautiful Day / Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
No Line On The Horizon
New Year's Day
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
The Unforgettable Fire, Mofo
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone
Encore #1
One / Amazing Grace
Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love
Encore #2

Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender