Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Restaurant Week @ Fig & Olive!

#11: Try a new restaurant every month
#12: Go to a restaurant for Restaurant Week once per year


Last night was our first Restaurant Week dinner of the year (and of my 101 Things!). We went to Fig & Olive on 52nd between 5th and Madison with Lawrence, Rachel, and Dave.


We sat at that table on the right!

Here is the Restaurant Week Menu.

For appetizer, I had the Tuna Tartar - which was absolutely fabulous, super flavorful and refreshing. For my entree, I had the Lamb Skewers with Couscous which had this delicious honey yogurt sauce that was just so different. Justin got a Filet off the seasonal menu, which had a Herbs de Provence butter atop it. Everything was cooked perfectly and very tasty. For dessert, I switched my Strawberries and Gelato (which I only picked because Justin asked me to) with Rachel's Chocolate Pot de Creme, which was heavenly. Justin got a warm apple tart, which was also tasty, and quite pretty, but not the best apple tart we've had. We also drank a bottle of Robalino, a Spanish white wine, which was sweet and delicious!

All in all - we all very much enjoyed the restaurant. The atmosphere was lovely, the service was good, the food was excellent. Great success!