Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Progress Report: #5, #8

#5: Watch all MetaCritic best-reviewed movies of the past 5 years
Now that I've started to use the library in addition to my Netflix, I've been watching a lot more movies lately - hurray for summer! Last week, I got Ratatouille out of the library, which was the top reviewed movie of 2007. I have to say, while I thought it was cute, I don't think it was my favorite animated movie or even my favorite movie of 2007! In fact, at some times in the movie, even though everything's animated - it's still hard to watch hundreds of rats in a kitchen, making food. The thought kind of turns my stomach...but overall, still an enjoyable movie!


#8: Go to 10 concerts
Justin and I attended our 3rd concert this year (2nd since I started the list!) this past weekend - Paramore & No Doubt at Jones Beach! The concert was awesome - Paramore is a band that we've really started to like lately so we were excited that they were opening up and No Doubt has been one of my favorite bands ever since Tragic Kingdom came out, like 14 years ago! They played all of their big hits, plus other favorites - including ending with my favorite No Doubt song, Sunday Morning! The sets were awesome and included a big screen in the background that played some of their music videos in the background as they sung the songs or other fun graphics and the band was really energetic. Even J loved the concert, and he can be a hater!

Here are some pictures from the concert:
TBD