Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter Restaurant Week!

#11: Try a new restaurant every month
#12. Go to a restaurant for Restaurant Week once per year


It's that time again - NYC Restaurant Week! Last night, we went to the Russian Tea Room on 57th between 6th and 7th with Rachel, Dave, and Mike.



The atmosphere was definitely different than I've ever seen - so ornate, but very beautiful.

Here is the Restaurant Week Menu.

For starters, I had the Borscht. I'd never had Borscht before, so I figured this was the place to try it. It was very good, but admittedly after a few spoonfuls I didn't really want anymore. The best part was the Beef Pirozhki that came along with it. For entree, I had the Chicken Kiev - also something I'd never had before. It was really interesting and very tasty. The inside of the breaded chicken was hollow and filled with an herbed butter and the wild rice and fig and pear chutney were really flavorful. For dessert, the best part, I had the Chocolate Pyramid - which was chocolate mousse with a surprise raspberry filling inside. Mmm mmm good!

All in all, the meal was good, and definitely a great deal for Restaurant Week considering each entree itself would be more than the 3-course menu if ordered a la carte! Comparing it with our last RW meal at Fig & Olive though, there's no contest - I'd pick F&O every time.